Ok im new to this so sorry if im a little silly
Ok i have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and i got a virus and had to do a hard reset, i have re installed on my computter a new Windows 7 that come with my computer. i had to make a new partition on my computer to install it and i formated it i hop that is right? i then installed the drivers that come on the disk that where tick so i guess that they was the main drivers?
Pentium R Dual Core, 3GB memory, 64 bit operating system
Can you tell me if there is anyother drivers i should install? and if you have seen anything wrong in the above in the way i have set it up then please let me know thanks for your time
The driver disc that was shipped with your system is out of date. For example there are newer versions of:
R228446 R270449 R228448 R312650R228501 R260552
You also don't have them in the recommended install order and some crucial ones missing.
As soon as you have installed WIndows 7 64 bit from the Dell Reinstalaltion DVD, you should have the following in the following order.
• Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (if not included with your Dell Reinstallation Disc, I think the 1545 was sold pre-Service Pack 1)
• Internet Explorer 9 x64
• R260746 Dell System Software
• R237653 Intel Chipset
• R228482 Realtek Card Reader
• R260552 Intel Video Driver or R228489 ATI Video Driver most likely the Intel one as you have installed the earlier version of it.
• R228436 Intel Storage Manager Driver
• R228440 Intel Storage Manager Application
• R230994 Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller
• R228532 Dell Wireless there are other variants but because you have selected that earlier I will assume you have that card.
• R312650 IDT Audio
• R228749 Dell Bluetooth 365 the addition of a bluetooth card was optional and you may not have it.
• R270497 Alps Touchpad
• R272666 Dell Quickset
• Dell Support Centre
You may also want to bring the BIOs to A14 but be careful when doing this:
This will give you optimal performance. Since you suffered from a virus attack you should follow the optional step in my wiki which mentions the use of DBAN before reinstallation of Windows. The bottom of my wiki will take you to another wiki I wrote with some recommended free security software which you might find helpful.
Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.
The notebook system utility and the chipset drivers need installed first, or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order
What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
For the reinstall procedure refer to my wiki a clean install of Windows.