I installed the printer acording to instructions. After successfully completing a couple of very small print jobs ( 1-2 pages), the problems started. When I sent a print job to the printer, although the printer display showed pages being printed, in reality, they did not. When I tried to troubleshoot it myself, problems got worse. I shut the printer off, waited 10 seconds , then turned it back on, as the manual suggested. That's when things went bersek. Unprompted, the printer begain printing pages with a only a single line of gooblygook (random letters and numbers) at the top. Lots of paper was wasted and paper jams begin to occur. Although all jammed pages were removed, the paper jam message would not go away. So I called the customer support line. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes, I was finally connected with a rep , who after collected information from me for about 10 or 15 minutes, then dropped the call. So I called back. The second time, the rep instructed me to remove all of the cartidges and box in which the cartridges are housed, and then reinstall them all. When that they did not solve the problems, he decided that I should receive a new printer. I have not received the new printer yet, but at this point, I'm not sure I want it. I wasted a lot of time trying to get a faulty product to work and have been without a printer in my home office for several days now.
I would recommend you following steps that can help you fix the issue:-
1. Switch off the printer.
2. Check the paper tray or lift the scanner unit or lift the ADF door to check for jammed paper.
3. Firmly grasp the paper, and then gently pull it out (Be careful not to tear off the paper to avoid torn paper bits inside the rollers).
4. Unplug the Printer USB cable from the system.
5. While holding the start and cancel button together, remove the power adaptor from the back panel of your system, wait for 5 seconds and then plug it back in and keep on holding both the buttons till the time you see the Language Options on the printer screen. This will reset the settings back to factory default.
6. To cancel all the print jobs, please follow the below mentioned steps:-
a. Click start and type Control Printers and click Ok.
b. Right click the printer and select Open.
c. Select Cancel All Documents.
7. Plug in the printer USB cable and give a single print command.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks and RegardsDeepa R#iworkfordell
Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers
Troubleshooting Print Quality for the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers
What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015
I purchased this new printer for my grandmother's new dell desktop computer and have experienced the SAME EXACT issues as steffie828. I tried the troubleshooting set up and print quality suggestions and the printer is still not printing properly. I literally have to shut down the computer and the printer and clean the print heads and sometimes that STILL does not work. I hooked this printer up to my Toshiba laptop, it printed once, then the next time I tried to print, I only received blank pages. Just looking for either a definite solution, or some confirmation that the printer is defective and should be returned....is it possible that there is a compatibility issue with Windows 7?
I believe there is an issue with one of the newer printers being in the Demo mode.