Please guide to solve the issue
If the restore function or partition is damaged, you will need the recovery media (set of DVDs or flash drive) you prepared when you received the system. If you did not prepare the recovery media, you'll need to contact Dell to have that sent to you.
I appreciate that you have made a copy of the system image. However it seems to be not working due to the changes in the partitions. As you rightly mentioned, you can try performing a PC restore (factory default settings) which is in build in the system. Follow the steps below.
You can restore the system to factory state by following the steps mentioned below in a Windows 8 system.
1. Plug in the AC adapter.
2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.
3. Click Settings.
4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.
5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’
6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.
7. Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.
8. The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.
9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done.
10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.
11.You will be prompted to back up your files, if needed do so by selecting the option ‘Yes, backup my personal files’ (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.
12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.
13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.
Note: Please backup your files before using the DVDs to recovery to factory state.
After this step in case issue persists Please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, I will see what best can be done.
Click on my username select start a private conversation and send me the details. Please refer to the link below where to locate the service tag or express service code.
Let me know about the progress.
Thanks and regards,Senthil S#iworkfordell.To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.
On a Inspiron 15 3521 running Windows 8, how do I run system recovery if Windows 8 is all messed up?
i did the same and can't restore my original Os please help me or i will destroy my laptop
Had this same issue. W8 was corrupt, including restore partitions. I got the recovery media from Dell.
After spending a couple of hours figuring out how to change the boot sequence to boot, I was able to reinstall W8.
Issue now is that the recovery media didn't have the wireless / bluetooth drivers.
I attached the laptop to my router with an ethernet cable so that I could download the 3521 wireless driver.
There were 2 drivers and I may have downloaded the wrong one. Wireless device is still not seen AND I get a failure error when I try and install the other wireless/BT driver.
Any ideas on how to get the correct wireless/BT driver installed.