When i update my AMD Radeon HD 7730M display adapter to 8.982.6.0, the device status says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." The Catalyst Control Center also stops working. How do i solve this?
.I now found a solution for my AMD Driver Problem with the 7730m Radeon HD :)
1. Deinstall your Intel Graphics Driver and AMD Drivers.
2. Go to your Control Panel and Hardware Device List. rightclick on your Video hardware (AMD & Intel) click on deinstall and check the box remove driver software ...
4. go to intel.com and download the newest intel graphics driver for win8 64 (Link to Intel Driver)
5. install it.
6. now the important step. instead trying installing the not-working dell amd driver go to amd and download the newest catalyst BETA driver (Link to AMD Driver -> download the one with .net package included if you dont have .net installed)
the beta driver works really good for me! no Bluescreen etc.
7. install the driver
8. now you have in your device list the AMD Radeohn HD 7700m series card and the intel card listed. You can now also use the switchable graphics without bluescreen.
9. (optional) download the latest inspiron 15r se BIOS (A09) (LINK)
I hope that this will solve you problems guys. maybe the dell support could spread this to others. (better would be a new version of the driver at the dell support site).
What system do you have? What OS version? I have an Inspiron 15r SE 7520. It has Intel HD4000 with an AMD 7730M GPU. If I install the newest Intel driver, the AMD Radeaon 7730M driver gets deactivated by Windows with the same reasons you mentionned.
To restore the AMD functionnality, I have to reinstall the AMD driver with the installation program that I can find on Dell support. That setup not only installs the AMD driver, but it also installs an older version of the Intel HD4000 drivers. The newest Intel drivers that Microsoft provide through Windows Update or found on Intel web site, do not seem to be compatible with the AMD HD 7730M.
The Intel driver I have is 8.982.6.0, as it is reported by Windows. The Intel System Information reports it to be version 18.104.22.16843. My AMD drivers are 8.982.6.0. The same as you.
I tried to contact Dell about this, but I believe they already are deep in bug corrections with the new Windows 8. I hope they post a new version soon, because the Intel HD4000 driver provided with the AMD setup has some bug in it. Some Metro style application do not work (Netflix is an example).
I hope my experiences with the AMD 7730M and Intel HD4000 will help you with your problems.
I have the same problem. But after I uninstall the AMD 7730M driver and reinstall it, the AMD 7730M driver can work.
Thanks for the reply. I have exactly the same problem on the same system that you have mentioned. It is running Windows 8. When i install the driver using the support CD provided, it installs the older version (8.982.0.0). So i guess we have to wait till the next version of the driver is released.
@jzhangphd After the re-install the driver does work but it is an older version.
Yes. I think we have to wait until DELL fix this.
same problem here. have installed the newest intel driver on win8 pro and the amd 7730 stopped worked. I i try to install it manually, it saysdriver directory not found lol.
DELL PLEASE RELEASE A NEW AMD 7730m RADEON HD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the same problem, if i install the older drivers it works but then i keep on getting BSOD when i run certain applications such as firefox, dell really need to fix this issue.
Any news on this? I have the same problems, as listed.
I had this problem and dell replaced my motherboard and the problem has been solved. However if i update the drivers forth intel graphics card the problem returns, i have to use the drivers on my dell cd or from the dell website and stop windows update from installing the new intel drivers.
Id suggest ringing dell support and speak to them, but it did take a month of dell messing around installing the same drivers over and over again and then waiting for dell to get a new motherboard in stock.
Hope this helps.
This worked for me temporarily. I get everything installed and the drivers show as upgraded, but after a while the computer reinstalls the old drivers that were on it previously. I don't know how or why it does it, I'll just go look and it has reverted on its own. How do I get my computer to quit doing things that I don't want it to do!
I got my new Inspiron 7520 se and encountered the same problem with CCC and downloading latest drivers even made the Radeon 7730 unrecongizable.
I managed to solve the issue though and both cards are recognized and CCC/switchable cards function normally.
1) First you need to stop Windows Automatic Updates and never download the suggested graphic updates for intel/amd .You can also navigate to My computer -Properties(right click)-Advanced System Settigs-HArdware-Device Installation Settings-Never install driver software from windows update......-OK.
2) You must uninstall the CCC with windows default uninstall program (select express uninstall for all the features to be disabled).
3) Download and install Driver Fusion for free and select amd and intel display components to be uninstalled. Restart and now both graphic cards are not recognized in the device manager .
4)Go to intel and download latest graphic driver and install (i chose graphics--laptop drivers--3rd generation hd 4000 because i have an i5-3210m, the first number is the cpu generation,in my case 3!)
5)Go to amd and download/install Catalyst 3.6 Beta and also install the latest drivers for Radeon HD 7730.
Restart and my problem was fixed ! I think the first steps are really important!
@james17 I use the leshcat drivers and everything works well except Battlefield 3. To stop the old drivers being restored you need to stop automatic windows updates.