I am unable to open my laptop
Few days back it was running slowly and I thought of internet speed.
But now it is in black screen, just I got DELL logo and rolling timer and going to blank black screen and thats it it is staying in same mode for whole day.
I started by pressing F2 ....
and also F12
but I am still in same mode.
Luckily I could do once the diagnostics then I got message (error message)- ERROR CODE 2000-01 42
VALIDATION CODE 118139
Msg: Hrad Drive 0-S/N TEA45A3P0277LK, Long self test unsuccessful
I don't what it is.
But please help and guide me, my research data and information is there in c drive,
I don't want to format.
How can I do system restore , i.e., from certain date.
please help me
Thank you in advance
If your system is under warranty, call Dell with the error and they'll replace the drive.
If the system is out of warranty, you will need a new, 2.5" 7 or 9.5 mm SATA notebook hard drive.
Your hard drive has failed.
If you do not have a backup, remove the drive, mount it in an external USB case and attach it to a working system to make one. DO NOT do anything else with the drive until you make that backup - you may have a very narrow window of opportunity to back up the data on the drive before the drive fails completely.
Any way to recover. please let me know
Thank you for your reply
Happy New year 2014.
I have few doubts *** questions.
1. My system is under warranty, then can I open and try to back up the data from the hard drive or I have to go to a dealer or dell service center
2. I am in India, I bought the system inUSA, so will you please help or guide me the authenticated service centers in India
My nearest city is Hyderabad, Andhra pradesh (state), India.
3. If it is under warranty , then how much I have to pay for the services and if any other charges included please let me know.
4. If I tried to use dell recovery CD , it was unable to boot .
let me know
1. Removing the hard drive to back up your data will not void the warranty. Dell is not responsible for your data - so if you have it repaired before you make a backup, you will lose your data.
2. Unless the system was purchased with an onsite service plan (extra cost), the warranty cannot be transferred internationally. It will have to be returned to the US for service, or you will need to contact Dell India for the price of the warranty upgrade and then transfer the warranty. After that is done, you can arrange for service.
3. As above, it'll cost you the addition of an onsite warranty plan - it may in fact be cheaper to replace the drive yourself.
4. That could be due to the faulty drive.